Academic Support Services
Your academic success is important to us! The Academic Achievement Center offers a wide variety of services designed to increase your academic effectiveness as well as enabling them to get the most out of your education. NCCC's Academic Support Services is comprised of a number of programs and services that are designed to help our students maximize their academic success. There are no additional fees to participate in these programs or services.
The Academic Achievement Center is located in the Library Learning Commons.
Individual Academic Assessment
If you have been doing your homework and attending classes but feel like you are not doing your best, an Individual Academic Assessment may be what you need to get you back on track. Assessments are offered by qualified instructors with experience in learning and study skills. To schedule your appointment for an Individual Academic Assessment session you should:
- Attend an Academic Assessment Overview session
- Call the Academic Achievement Center at (716) 614-6724
- Come to the Academic Achievement Center located in Library Learning Commons,
Office: Room D-215
Academic Success Workshops
There are a variety of workshops offered to NCCC students at no cost:
- Student Assessment Overview
- Test Taking Skills
- Test Anxiety
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Learning Style Assessment
- English Language - Reading
- English Language - Writing
- English Language - Comprehension
- Computer Basics
- Keyboard Skills
See the Unschedule for a list of times and dates.