Payment Information

Registering for classes creates a financial obligation which you should be prepared to satisfy before you register. If you register PRIOR to the tuition due date, your financial obligation must be satisfied by the tuition due date (published each semester). If you register AFTER the tuition due date, you must satisfy your obligation at the time of registration.

Depending on your account status, your financial obligation can be satisfied in one of the following ways:

  • All students must E-sign the Financial Obligation Agreement, usually done prior to registering for classes. This constitutes your promise to pay unpaid tuition, fees, and any other authorized charges on your account.
  • Pay your bill in full by cash, check, or credit card.
  • If you opt to sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan, you must complete a payment plan agreement and submit it to the Cashier’s Office along with your first payment and the non-refundable payment plan fee. Contact the Cashier’s Office for more information.
  • If you are a student with enough anticipated financial aid to cover your entire bill, and you have E-signed, no further action is needed.  if you have partial financial aid benefits, and you have E-signed, simply pay the balance due in full OR chooses the Tuition Payment Plan.

Failure to satisfy your financial obligation to the College by established due dates will put your account in a state of default and will result in the assessment of late fees. If you change your mind about attending, you must formally withdraw BEFORE the start of the semester to avoid being left with a financial obligation to the College. If your account is in a state of default at any time from the time of registration to the start of the semester, the College reserves the right, but does not assume the responsibility, to remove your registration.

Payments sent through the mail can be made by check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or Discover Card. Online payments can be made by MasterCard, Visa or Discover Card. In-person payments will be accepted in our Cashier’s Office located in Room A205.

Any check or credit card authorization returned by your bank and/or card issuer will result in a $25 charge to your account and you may be required to send future payments in the form of cash, money order or certified check.

The NCCC Tuition Payment Plan affords students the opportunity to pay their term bill in as many as four monthly installments. You must complete a payment plan application each term you wish to participate in this plan. You will find applications in our Billing Information Brochure available on the web at, in the Cashier’s Office (Room A205) or by calling (716) 614-6443. You will be charged a non-refundable fee to participate in this plan.

New York State Non-Resident (Out-of-County) Charges

If you have been a legal resident of New York State for the past year but you have lived outside Niagara County, you will be charged tuition at the non-resident rate. The non-resident premium (difference between the resident and non-resident rates) will be credited back to your account if you provide a valid Certificate of Residence from your county of legal residence within the first three weeks of the start of the term. The Certificate of Residence received from your county of legal residence is usually valid for one academic year and must be renewed annually. Certificates cannot be issued more than 60 days before the start of the term for which you are registered.

Residency Policy

Under State University of New York and NCCC policy, legal residence means more than simply living in Niagara County and New York State.  More specifically, it means establishing a domicile as opposed to a temporary residence or physical presence incidental to enrollment in the College.  Students who are defined as residents are those who have established a permanent domicile in the County of Niagara for no less than six months prior to the start of the term and no less than one year in New York State.

 To be eligible for the resident tuition rate students must meet one of the following requirements:

1. Sponsor County Resident - Provide documentation of one year’s legal residency in New York State and six months in Niagara County prior to the start date of the term.  Documentation must clearly demonstrate New York State and Niagara County residency for the six month time period prior to the start of the term.  The following are appropriate documentation of State and County legal residency.  Students are required to provide one item from each list:

List One:

  • NYS income tax returns which confirm filing from Niagara County address for both parent and student unless student has emancipated status.
  • Proof of ownership of New York State and Niagara County real property.
  • Residential lease for property in Niagara County.

List Two:

  • New York State Driver’s License or NYS non-driver identification card
  • New York State voter registration
  • New York State motor vehicle registration
  • Other New York State issued identification, provided that it includes an issue date and your legal resident address, subject to approval.

 2. Non-sponsor County Resident - Provide a Certificate of Residency from another county in New York State.  The Certificate of Residency is a form issued to the student by the county in which they reside verifying their place of residence.  To qualify for a Certificate of Residency, students must have lived in New York State for the past 12 months.  Residency is verified by the county in which they have lived for the six months prior to attending college.  If they have lived in more than one NY State county during those six months, verification from each county will be required.


3.  Foreign Students - Permanent resident cards must be dated one year prior to the start date of the term in which the student wishes to register in order to be considered for eligible resident tuition.

 Students on F(student), B(visitor), J(exchange), C, D, H2, H3, M, o2, P, Q, R, or TN visas are not eligible for resident rate of tuition.

 Students who are holders of A1, A2, E1, H1, H4 and all G, I and L visas are probably eligible to be considered as New York State residents if domiciled in New York State. However a NCCC Residency Verification Form must be filed by the student and reviewed by the Cashier’s Office for students in this group.  Students who fail to complete and return this form in order to confirm residency status after enrollment will automatically be charged the out-of-sate tuition rate.

 Under Section 355 of New York Education Law, active members of the armed forces, their spouses and dependents stationed in New York, are eligible for the resident rate.  In order to attain the resident rate, the student must complete and return verification of active military status in New York.  After the initial enrollment of the student, the continuation of their eligibility for in-state tuition rate will be verified.

 In accordance with Governor George E. Pataki’s legislation amendment 7784, under Section 355 of New York Education Law, students who attend a New York State High School for at least two years, and earn a NYS high school diploma or GED, may be eligible to pay the resident rate, however a residency application must be reviewed for eligibility by the Cashier’s Office.

Using Financial Aid as Payment

To use financial aid to cover tuition and fee charges you must apply for Federal financial aid (FAFSA application) and should allow at least three weeks processing time. New York State aid programs (TAP, APTS) require at least four weeks processing time. Your aid must be fully processed before it can be applied as a credit to your student billing account.

All financial aid is tentative until you attend classes. Financial aid will not pay for classes in which you enroll but do not attend. Be aware that if you drop a class or classes your financial aid benefits, including student loans, may be reduced or withdrawn. You are responsible for any balance due as a result of loss of financial aid benefits for any reason. Before you drop any classes, make sure to check with the Financial Aid Office to determine if your aid benefits will be affected. If you intend to drop any of your classes (or all, in the case of withdrawal), you should consider doing so before the start of the semester. After the semester begins, you will be held responsible for a portion (or all) of the cost associated with dropped courses in accordance with the refund schedule outlined below.

1 | 2 | 3