Assistant Director of Housing and Residential Life
DATE DUE: 9/22/17
Full-time, administrative position reporting to the Director of Housing and Residential Life of the College Association of NCCC, Inc.
The Assistant Director assists in the development of the Residence Life program at the Student Housing Village locations in Sanborn and/or Niagara Falls, consistent with College’s mission, vision and goals. Administers policies and procedures of the Residence Life program and works with college departments to achieve student success initiatives. The Assistant Director manages and performs administrative functions related to the operation of the residence hall operation. The Assistant Director is in charge in the absence of the Director. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Housing of the College Association of NCCC, Inc.
- Manages and performs all administrative functions related to the operation of the residence life program. Ensures that all administrative actions to include record keeping, database maintenance and communications with students are performed in a professional and timely manner.
- Is responsible for the operation of the residence halls and the residence life program in the absence of the Director
- Implements holistic, student development programming for the residence life community
- Assists the Director in ensuring that a wide array of educational and recreational programming is available throughout the academic year that facilitates resident growth and development
- Works with college departments planning activities related to student development, student retention, diversity, and multiculturalism.
- Ensures the safety and security of residential students by working closely with the Facilities Manager to provide a safe, clean, and well-maintained living/learning facility
- Works with college departments, including enrollment services, admissions, and counseling, career and transfer, and the learning commons to support and ensure student success.
- Maintains positive, relationships both on-campus and with appropriate community agencies, including local fire department, police, and human service agencies.
- Serves as an advisor and coach to resident hall councils
- Serves on college committees and performs other related duties as assigned.
Assigned student resident assistants.
Bachelor’s Degree in College Student Personnel, Administration, Education, Counseling, or Related field.
Must be able to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner and communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse student, parent and staff population.
Must be able to function independently and as part of a team, strong administrative skills and computer experience, including Microsoft Office and other college/housing software.
Must be able to work in a highly collaborative environment and develop effective relationship within the Student Services department and with key stakeholders external to the department.
Must be willing to take initiative and embrace change.
Two-year paid professional experience in student life or related field
Proficiency in use of MS Word and Excel
This position is subject to a criminal background check.
The Assistant Director of Housing and Residential Life position is a full time position with on call responsibilities and evening and weekends required. Reporting to the Director of Housing and Residential Life.
Negotiable upon experience.
Send cover letter that addresses the above stated qualifications; resume; application (found on niagaraccc.suny.edu main page under College Association Jobs) and the names and contact information for three (3) current, work related references to email provided - email@example.com. Written letters of recommendation from the three references are required at time of an on-campus interview. Official transcripts of academic degrees will be required at the time of hire.