Office of Information Technology
- Computer Recommendations
- Computer Use Policy:
- Computer Use Waiver Form:
- Useful Links
Faculty/Staff IT Needs and Services
This page is meant to provide an overview of services and needs that are provided by the Office of Information Technology at NCCC. Topics below discuss various resources that are used by faculty and staff.
BANNER WEB & BANNER PRODUCTION
All faculty and staff will be provided with a Banner ID that can be used to access Banner Web functions, which include:
- Updating Personal Information
- Submitting Final Course Grades
- Various advising functions, including academic student transcripts and records of advisees
- Viewing class schedules and availability
Your Banner ID is in the format @00######, where the # symbol represents any number from 0-9. You can find out your Banner ID in three ways:
- By looking on the back of your NCCC ID card.
- By contacting your Division secretary.
- By calling the OIT Help Desk at 614-6730. You will be asked for information to confirm your identity.
Staff may also require access to Banner Production. You will be given a separate ID and password to log in. This information will be provided by your supervisor. Basic Banner training is available. Please contact the OIT Help Desk at 614-6730 to schedule a training session if needed.
All Faculty and Staff are entitled to an NCCC email account. To request and account, please see your Division secretary or supervisor. Once an email account has been created, you can access your email in two ways:
- On Campus: You can set up Microsoft Outlook to access your email. Please call the OIT Help Desk at 614-6730 if you need assistance in setting up your account.
- On or Off Campus: We have set up web access to email accounts. You can access the page by going to the NCCC home page (http://www.niagaracc.suny.edu), clicking on the "Quick Links" button in the upper center, and clicking on the link titled "Outlook Web Login" (4th column, second to last item). If you have any questions, please see the FAQ section located on this page.
Blackboard Learn is the NCCC web-based course management portal. Faculty may choose to use Blackboard Learn to supplement on-campus instruction and some online courses are run through the Blackboard Learn course management portal.
With Blackboard Learn you can create quizzes, tests, surveys, download course related materials, have assignments submitted electronically, display grades, and communicate with your students. You can also use Blackboard Learn to store files, either through your Blackboard Learn file manager or your personal Library Object Repository (LOR).
Blackboard Learn can be accessed at the following URL:
For any technical issues or how-to's (adding content, maintaining grades, etc.) you may contact The Office of Distance Learning at (716)614-6798. If you need assistance logging into Blackboard Learn, you may contact the OIT Help Desk at 716-614-6730 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a faculty member, regardless whether or not you are concurrently a NCCC student; or the Student Email Hotline at 716-210-2505 or by email at email@example.com if you are a student who is not also a faculty member.
The login credentials for your NCCC email account are also used to log into your Blackboard Learn account. If you have both a faculty/staff and student email accounts, the faculty/staff account credentials are used.
If you are a student and have not ever logged into your NCCC Blackboard Learn account, then you will not be able to log into it until about 1 or 2 weeks before the beginning of the first class whose instructor utilizes it.
The Office of Information Technology provides staffing and support for all staff and faculty computers, student computer labs and classrooms. This comprises support services for the technology on campus including Help Desk, as well as the operation of the public computing labs, "Smart" classrooms, and the Cyber Café.
COMPUTER UPGRADE PROGRAM
The Information Steering Committee at NCCC has developed a desktop upgrade plan to ensure that the computing equipment avail to the NCCC community is up to date. OIT executes this plan by acquiring, configuring and migrating the desktop computers.