Location: D-106 Suite
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Grants and Awards
This award will be presented to a current or past NCCC faculty member who best exemplifies those traits exhibited by Dr. Jamieson. Other colleagues described Carol as:
A veteran academician with in-depth historical perspective and acute foresight. Faculty from the Humanities Division complimented Carol's commitment, availability, loyalty, and advocacy. Peers outside the Division praised Carol's breadth of interest in the College-wide issues, her can-do attitude, her ever-present resilience, and her willingness to serve as a mentor to many.
The Advisory Board for the V. James Renda Faculty Resource Center for Academic Excellence will review nominations and select a faculty member who best represents the commitment to education that Carol personified during her tenure at NCCC.
View the nomination criteria and form.
SUNY Tuition Reimbursements
**SPECIAL NOTE: ONLY FULL-TIME, COLLEGE-PAID EMPLOYEES ARE ELIGIBLE**
The State University of New York (University) Board of Trustees has established a policy of tuition assistance for eligible employees of the University, the Community Colleges and the Research Foundation of the State University of New York. This policy provides reimbursement of tuition and fees charged for eligible courses of instruction taken at SUNY institutions.
Niagara County Community College Process of Application
- Forms for the academic year Fall, Spring and Summer must be submitted on separate application forms approved by division chair.
- Forms must then be sent to Human Resources Office by May 1 of each year.
- Signed forms are returned to the Faculty Resource Center (FRCAE).
- Applicants must supply a copy of itemized tuition bill—only instructional fees are eligible.
- FRCAE sends forms for approval by the President.
- Monies awarded to the College will be divided equally amongst eligible applicants.
- Copies of all approved applications will be sent by FRCAE to the appropriate institutions to credit the account or issue a reimbursement check to awardees.
View the B140W Form.
NCCC Summer Grant Opportunities--IRC GRANTS
The IRC and FRCAE are sponsoring instructional resource grants. Grants must support research and/or development of instructional resources that impact the NCCC student body in accredited NCCC courses.
The grant is used to cover the cost of implementation of an idea or project that is beyond your current, normal job responsibilities. Generally this project should be completed in the summer.
Maximum grant amount: $2,500
To access the application:
- Go to the FYI page
- Click on >> Forms (left column)
- Click on >> Instructional Resources Grant Criteria and Application
Or check the FRCAE web page >> Grants and Awards Tab >> scroll to bottom of page to find application form.
How to submit your grant proposal:
The application should be submitted electronically no later than 3 pm on April 17.
Do you want to work on that idea to improve your class materials this summer?
- Ask an IRC member for help if you have questions about completing the grant application
- Go to FRCAE for examples of successful applications
- Grant winners will be notified in May 2020
- Winners are required to present their resource during PD days
For further information:
Contact James Murphy, IRC Chairperson at email@example.com
View the proposal form.