NCCC Learning Commons
The Learning Commons (LC) is a collaborative environment which fosters critical thinking skills, creativity, and continual learning by providing student support services and academic guidance. This atmosphere encourages both students and faculty to learn, teach, and share ideas.
NCCC recently announced a $25 million dollar project to create a new Learning Commons center. During the construction phase of our new facility the Learning Commons will be relocated to the second floor of G-building (G-218). We will continue to offer all of the same student services and resources during this time.
How the Learning Commons can help you:
As a first step, we ask that you consult with your instructor(s) to better understand why your academic performance may be in jeopardy. Our instructors are committed to your success and know what is best for you to succeed. In addition, we encourage you to speak with your academic advisor. Advisors provide academic advice throughout your career at NCCC.
- Academic Coaches
- Academic Coaches are professional tutors with an educational background in content-specific areas. Coaches are great resources for questions and concerns that require immediate attention.
- Student Support Staff
- The Student Support Staff within the Learning Commons office is available to provide academic guidance, including answering student questions or redirecting students to appropriate resources on campus.
- Student Tutors
- Student Tutors provide one-on-one tutoring appointments based on specific courses offered through NCCC. We encourage students to make an appointment with our Student Tutors by signing up online (click here for an appointment), although walk-ins are also welcome.
- Office of Information and Technology (OIT) Support Staff
- OIT Support Staff is available during the open access hours of the Learning Commons. The OIT staff assists with computer and printing issues.
G-Building / Room 218
Niagara County Community College
3111 Saunders Settlement Rd
Sanborn, NY 14132
Meet with an Academic Coach
View Learning Commons Hours to check coach availability.
Meet with a One-on-One Student Tutor
Click here to make an appointment.