What is a Placement Test?
Testing Center Hours
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
The purpose of the Niagara County Community College (NCCC) Placement Test (ACCUPLACER) is to assess your current skills in reading, writing and math for placement into appropriate coursework at NCCC. The test is administered online in an adaptive computer-based format, featuring unlimited time and immediate scores; experience with computers is not necessary.
Inside our brochure we explain what tests you will have to take, how to take them, what to bring, waiver of testing, and provide sample questions. Hard copies of this brochure are mailed to all NCCC applicants and are also available in the Testing Center office.
You can review the list of waivers to see if you are exempt from one or more of the college placement tests.
What to Bring With You to Test
1. Photo id is required (i.e. driver's license, state ID, or passport)
2. Testing fee
Please Note: Cellphones, calculators, and any other personal devices are NOT permitted in the testing area. You will be provided with scrap paper and pencils for the test(s).
Off Campus Testing
Students who live outside of the area can choose to complete placement testing off campus by finding a proctor to administer the test for them. Many colleges and universities have testing centers which allow students from other schools to take tests. There may be a fee per each exam taken; students will be responsible for all fees incurred while taking exams. Once a proctor has been identified at a college or university testing center, the student will need to have the proctor fill out the "Request to Take ACCUPLACER® Off Campus" form from our website and fax, mail, or e-mail a copy to the Testing Center.
Special Arrangements for Students with Disabilities
The placement tests are not timed, so all students have unlimited time to complete the placement tests. This means an accommodation for extended time is not necessary. Students who need other accommodations for the placement tests should contact Accessibility Services prior to scheduling an appointment.
(716) 614-6285 or email@example.com
Additional Review and Study Information
- View a list of FAQs (frequently asked questions) by students.
- Official ACCUPLACER Study App available from iTunes.
- Audio/Video Preparation
- Additional Sample Questions
- Search for the terms "Accuplacer Practice" or "Accuplacer Sample tests" in any Internet search engine. You should find many links to sources for free ACCUPLACER review: www.yahoo.com and www.google.com
- Contact Workforce Development at (716) 614-6236 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending a pre-collegiate preparatory course for math, writing, or reading comprehension.
Sanborn (Main Campus)
The Testing Center, Room A-167, is located off of the main lobby in the Notar Administration Building (A-Building).
Phone: (716) 614-6728
Fax: (716) 614-6279