Policies and Procedures
- A valid NCCC ID card is required for admission to any facility. No exceptions. ID's must be updated in security each semester.
- Proper attire is required at all times, including shirts and athletic shoes. No open-toed shoes are allowed.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside any facility. Plastic water bottles are acceptable..
- The use of improper or dangerous exercise techniques is not permitted.
We expect all users to be respectful and considerate of others. Do not engage in horseplay, arguing, or the use of loud or offensive language.
- The Staff offices, telephones, and computer are off limits to users.
- No tobacco products, chewing gum, alcohol, drugs or any illegal substance is allowed inside any Intramural and Recreation facility.
- No cell phones will be allowed. Personal headphones are acceptable. The Fitness Center TV and Radio stations are controlled by the Coordinator and student worker.
- No guests are allowed in the Fitness Center. Two guests over the age of 15 are allowed per valid NCCC ID in the pool, racquetball courts and open gym only.
Note: Guests must complete a User Application to obtain a Guest Pass.
- You can borrow any Intramural and Recreation equipment by using your valid NCCC ID card.
- Student workers are available to demonstrate proper programming and utilization of equipment. Do not use the equipment unless you are knowledgeable about how to properly use it.
- All accidents and injuries must be reported immediately to the worker on staff.
Fitness Center Etiquette
- Do not monopolize the equipment.
- Ask permission before working in on a piece of equipment.
- Do not sit on the equipment when resting between sets.
- Stay in the general vicinity if you are between sets on a machine.
- Do not have long conversations when others are waiting.
- Do not exceed a time limit on the cardio machines of 25 minutes. Cardio machines are first come-first serve.
Damage to Facilities: Users agree to pay for damage arising from the careless or improper use of equipment, or the dropping of weights.
Personal Property: The Intramural and Recreation office, and the agents and employees of the center shall not be responsible for damages, lost or stolen articles of clothing and other personal property of any user.
Users agree to keep and obey all Policies and Procedures and any additional or changed Policies and Procedures in the future prescribed by the Intramural and Recreation office.