Allied Health Services
NCCC offers a variety of short and long-term non-credit training programs in the areas of allied health. The term allied health refers to a group of diverse health care professionals who perform essential work in collaboration with those in medicine, nursing, and dentistry. Our students work in a wide range of health related careers including: Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Pharmacy Technician, and Sterile Processing Technician.
- Medical Billing Complete Program – September 1, 2020 to February 12, 2020 Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. $2,350 or take classes individually:
Medical Terminology – Tuesdays, September 1 to November 3, 2020 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Universal language used by healthcare professional. $450
Understanding Health Insurance – Wednesdays, September 2, 2020 to January 6, 2021 5:00 p.m. - 9:00p.m. Highlights the concepts and procedures required to prepare and submit accurate health insurance claims. $750
- Microsoft Office – Thursdays, September 3, 2020 to January 21, 2021 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Beginning through intermediate commands, Word and Excel applications. $700
MEDENT – Tuesdays and Wednesdays, January 12 to February 2, 2021 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Medical billing software used by health care professionals (Understanding Health Insurance is prerequisite). $550
- Medical Billing Certification Preparation and Exam – February 8 - 12, 2021 Monday to Friday 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Exam: $625, includes Medical Billing Certification Preparation Classes, Power Weekend Study Guide Review Book and Certification Exam. Please note this is not included with the Medical Billing Complete Program
Medical Coding CCA Certification Prep – Available only online https://niagaracc.theknowledgebase.org/connect-anytime-online/catalog/healthcare-and-allied-health
- Pharmacy Technician Program – August 24 - November 9, 2020 Monday and Wednesday, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. 63 Hours Cost: $750
- Location: NCCC Sanborn Campus Room TBA
- PTCE Certification Exam, $129
Required Textbook and Workbook:
Morty-Pak “The Pharmacy Technician”- 7th edition, and “The Pharmacy Technician Workbook & Certification Review” -7th edition ($125.91) ISBN# 9781640432208 (Books can be purchased at the NCCC Bookstore)
- Sterile Processing Technician – August 24 - October 15, 2020 - Classes meet twice per week 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Classroom portion is Monday and Clinical on Tuesday, Wednesdays or Thursdays at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center in Niagara Falls, NY (choose ONE ***This class is full as was postponed due to pandemic concerns, you may call to be put on a waiting list for cancellations.
October 26 - December 16, 2020 - Classes meet twice per week: Classroom portion is Monday and Clinical on Tuesday or Wednesday at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center in Niagara Falls, NY
- Cost: $825, plus books (approx. $175 online at www.sterileprocessing.org)
The course prepares students for the CBSPD exam for SPD Technician Certification, visit www.sterileprocessing.org.
*** HS Diploma or GED required for registration
Registration: Click ENROLL NOW button above