Student Development

Federal Work Study Program

FWSP is a Financial Aid program that allows student to earn money while working part-time. The program provides part-time job opportunities to students who demonstrate financial need and are awarded funds as part of their Financial Aid package. The purpose of the Federal Work Study Program is to assist students with educational expenses. It is funded through Federal Financial Aid.

The process is the same as it is when you search for any job.

  • After choosing an office or department from the list below, you should apply directly to that individual department for employment. All contact information appears in the list of positions below.
  • Once hired, the Human Resources packet you get at the information session must be brought in person to the Human Resources Office (A-261), along with your driver's license and social security card. This must be done before the hiring process is complete.
  • Next you will bring the Authorization To Work form back to the supervisor who agreed to hire you, which both of you will read and sign. This is your employment contract. The supervisor will then send this form to Student Development. You absolutely cannot begin working until these documents are submitted. Keep in mind that an office may elect to hire another worker if you do not complete your paperwork in a timely fashion.

Search for available Work-Study positions.

View frequently asked questions about Student Development.