ACE Tutoring Services
ACE Update for Fall 2020 (Updated 10/7/2020): For the Fall 2020 semester, ACE will be offering both in-person & online tutoring services. In order to adhere to the guidelines put forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), ACE has been equipped with:
- Plexiglas barriers between all computer stations
- Plexiglas barriers at all table spaces
- Social distancing floor signage
- Cleaning stations/wipes for working areas
- Hand sanitizing stations
If you would like to attend an in-person tutoring session, we would prefer students to make an appointment in advance (see “Tutoring Services” tab). Online appointments will be facilitated through Zoom video conferencing. Once an appointment is scheduled, one of our tutors will send you a meeting link just before your scheduled appointment time. You must sign-up for your online tutoring appointment using your T-Wolves email address.
For more information regarding NCCC’s plans of operation for the 2020-2021 academic year, including campus screening procedures and COVID tracking, check the COVID-19 Info. page.
- Students may sign-up for a maximum of two 30-minute sessions (1 Hour) per day, per coach/content area. Students that sign up for an access of this will be emailed regarding this policy and the latest additional time will be removed.
- Students must provide us with their T-Wolves email address (@mynccc.niagaracc.suny.edu) to ensure that we are only assisting current NCCC students.
- If a student cannot attend a tutoring session, it is the student’s responsibility to cancel the appointment. Appointment can be canceled by clicking on the confirmation email sent to them via Sign-Up Genius or by calling ACE at 716-614-6724 during our regular business hours (Mon. – Fri. 8am – 4pm). Continuous no-call/no-show appointments will result in an inability to schedule future appointments.
- The Academic Center for Excellence provides free tutoring students for currently enrolled NCCC students. Scheduled appointments for tutoring services is preferred, however, we will do our best to accommodate walk-in appointments.
To view our most up-to-date in-person academic support services, visit our Academic Support Availability page or click on the “ACE Academic Support Schedule” button below.
Is there a course you’re interested in, but it is not listed? Fill out the following form and let us know how we can help.
Are you interested in helping others?
Apply to become a Student Tutor by clicking the link above. Student Tutors must meet minimum qualifications and be recommended by an instructor. Student Tutors can either volunteer their time or be paid an hourly wage.