College Acceleration Program
Welcome! Through the College Acceleration Program (CAP) of Niagara County Community College, high school students can experience college-level work before they graduate. NCCC partners with area school districts to provide additional academic opportunities and college accessibility to those serious about attending college. By participating in CAP, students earn college credit while in high school and get a jump-start on their college career.
CAP benefits include:
- Save money by reducing future college costs (through earning college credit while still in high school).
- Show college admissions officers the seriousness of junior and senior year in high school.
- Become accustomed to the rigor of college coursework.
- Can graduate from college earlier by taking college courses in your high school.
- Lighten the first- or second-semester course load in college and relieve some pressure and stress in the first year.
- Have the time to take more electives in college, earn a double major, do a special work internship, or spend a semester traveling abroad by starting early in high school.
- Take college courses in the comfort of your high school.
- THE DISCOUNTED COST PER CREDIT FOR EARNING COLLEGE CREDITS WHILE AT YOUR HIGH SCHOOL FOR 2020-2021 IS $79.00.
Principal, Lockport High School
“The relationship between secondary and post-secondary education is imperative to helping our students determine the next phase of their lives.”