We become what inspires us.
Benefits & Obligations
- At a student’s request, the Honors Coordinator will send letters to scholarship committees, prospective employers or baccalaureate institutions indicating the student’s participation in the program. Please provide the coordinators with ample time to compose your letter or fulfill your request.
- Completion of the Honors Institute Program is officially noted on diplomas, transcripts, and in the graduation program.
- Honors classes are more intimate (15-18 students) and offer more individualized instruction.
- Individualized academic, career, and transfer counseling.
- Opportunities to travel to and present research at local and regional academic conferences.
- Smaller seminar-style classes
- Students receive an Honors Chord to wear at commencement.
- Students who graduate successfully from the Honors Institute are eligible to participate in transfer agreements between NCCC and area colleges and universities.
- At least six hours of 200 or higher courses, including two credits of Honors Colloquium, are required for successful completion of the program. Students are required to enroll in the colloquium in the initial semester of Honors unless their schedule makes enrollment impossible.
- A minimum of 14 credit hours in Honors courses for the Honors Program and 18 credit hours in the Presidential Scholars Program are required.
- Students enrolled in the Program will register in a minimum of one Honors course per semester.
- Service Learning Project and Presentation