Commercial Truck Driver Training
This course is intended for those who wish to obtain a Commercial Class A Drivers License and obtain employment in the trucking industry. Students can expect to participate in both classroom and driving range instruction.
Course Dates To Be Announced Soon !
Although we are not yet accepting applications, if you are interested in finding out more information when it becomes available, please fill out the form below.
Classroom Topics Included
- Basic control such as backing, shifting, visual search; managing space; seeing hazards; communication; controlling speed, dealing with aggressive or distracted drivers; night driving; mountain driving; extreme weather driving; railroad crossings; fatigue; driving emergencies; skid control and recovery; crash procedures; cargo; weight and balance; air brake systems and using air brakes; driving combination vehicles; coupling and uncoupling; industry orientation; and control systems and dashboards.
- Pre-trip inspection; drop and hook; straight-line backing; seeside and blindside; offset backing; and parallel parking.
- Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent, or pass an entrance exam
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical and Drug Screen
- Must have a driving record and employment record suitable for employment in the industry
- Must meet DOT requirements for employment
- *Please register early, seating is limited.
- ** NCCC reserves the right to cancel or postpone courses due to insufficient enrollment.
- If you have any general questions on this program or would like additional information on potential funding, please contact our offices at 716-614-6236.
Students who withdraw from classes will receive refunds for tuition based on the following schedule:
- 100% refund – Days 1-3
- 75% refund – Days 4-9
- 50% refund – Days 10-15
- 25% refund – Days 16-21
- 0% refund – 21 Days or Later
Students who wish to withdraw must formally email the Workforce Development Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.