March 30, 2020
A Message from President Murabito
After an extended spring break, NCCC resumes classes today in an atypical and unexpected way, but with the health and safety of all of you and your families at the forefront of our priorities. The COVID-19 virus has upended the lives and routines of people globally and while we are no longer able to interact in person, recognize that NCCC is striving to ensure the needs of our students are met and they will still receive the best education possible during these uncertain times. Faculty have worked diligently during the past two weeks to migrate courses online, and the campus community has come together to ensure we have a seamless transition to a new reality. While we anticipate some glitches, we promise to address each and every one as they arise and keep you informed throughout the process.
During this time I am reminded of the first sentence of the college mission statement, “Niagara County Community County provides flexible teaching and learning environments dedicated to educational excellence and committed to our core values of student centeredness, accessibility, comprehensiveness, collegiality, community partnership, and lifelong learning.” While everyone in the NCCC community is being challenged under the current circumstances, I am confident we will remain true to this mission and become a stronger, more united force after overcoming the obstacles we are facing now.
Every day new information is unfolding, and we are doing our best to keep the campus community engaged and informed. Please continue to refer to the NCCC website at niagaracc.suny.edu for updates. In the meantime, let’s focus on working together to achieve academic excellence and finish the spring semester on a high note!
Wishing you continued health,
President William J. Murabito, Ph.D.
- Report for HEERF I Student Aid (CARES Act)
- Report for HEERF II Student Aid (CRRSAA)
- Report for HEERF III Student Aid (ARP)
- CDC fact sheet
- Combating Pandemic Fatigue
- COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave
- How to Wear Cloth Face Coverings
- NCCC Wellness Center Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- New York State Department of Health Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
- Red Cross to Operate Virtual Family Assistance Center
- SUNY Coronavirus Information and Updates
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Situation Summary
- World Health Organization (WHO) information about Coronavirus