April 3, 2020
In compliance with the Executive Order put in place by the Governor of NY on March 20, 2020 to reduce the workforce by 100%, the following information is being provided to you.
Online Classes started March 30, 2020 and will continue until further notice
- Classes are being provided through alternative teaching methods
- All college offices are working remotely, no staff is on campus. Please contact these offices by phone or email. Individual office information can be located through the college directory: http://www.niagaracc.suny.edu/directory/
- Faculty will host virtual/remote office hours to keep in touch with students. These hours may be held through Starfish, BlackBoard, online or through the phone. Students should contact faculty to determine how the individual faculty member will be holding hours.
- Internships and field placements may still be available through remote options. Students are advised to contact their internship coordinator, supervisor or faculty member to determine if you are still able to continue with your internship course remotely.
- Students are still able to receive tutoring services through ACE but should contact the office directly to determine how they can schedule tutoring sessions.
Phone: 716-614-6724 Email: email@example.com
- Library services can be accessed online – http://libguides.niagaracc.suny.edu/welcome
Current Student Advisement and Registration Started March 30, 2020.
- Registration and advising for fall 2020 and summer 2020 started on March 30, 2020. Students can find information on dates for registration and how to find their academic advisor on the Records and Registration webpage – http://www.niagaracc.suny.edu/registration-records/csreg/
- Students should contact their faculty advisor to schedule an advisement appointment as soon as possible.
- If you have questions about registration or advising please don’t hesitate to contact one of the offices below for assistance
Athletics has developed a weekly schedule of virtual activities to keep all our Thunderwolves fit at home. Check out our daily listing on the Upcoming Events Calendar on the college’s main web page.
Our fitness center, gym facilities and outdoor athletic fields all remain closed in accordance to the governor’s executive order.
Student Life Activities
Student Life has moved all their activities online! Please check the college’s main webpage under Upcoming Events Calendar for all of the fun activities planned to keep you engaged and connected with our fellow students.
Counseling Services Available
We recognize that this time of uncertainty may be stressful for people. The outbreak of COVID-19 can be overwhelming due to fear and anxiety about the virus. If you are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety please know we are here for you.
The Counselors available are:
- Janelle Ventura firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colleen Summerville email@example.com
- Joann Chopra firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email one of the Counselors to set up a mutually agreeable appointment for free, confidential counseling.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to Cheri Yager, Supervisor of College Nursing Services/Wellness Center, at: email@example.com.
- Housing staff can be contacted through email or phone. Email is the preferred method but phone messages are being checked throughout the day. Students may contact Student Housing Village at 716-731-8850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students may not return to housing at this time. Information on returning to campus or moving out of the residence halls will be sent later this semester.
- If students need to collect essential items from their individual rooms, students may contact the Housing Office to make those arrangements.
- If you added your housing address to your Banner account, you should go online through Banner Web and remove that address so all college correspondence will be sent to your legal address.
- Students who stayed on campus should be aware that there will be limited movement within the building and they may be quarantined if the Coronavirus situation changes in the Western NY region.
- The campus shuttle will be providing limited services for housing students only. An updated schedule can be found at http://www.niagaracc.suny.edu/shuttle/.
Barnes and Noble Bookstore
Barnes and Noble Bookstore (Sanborn & Niagara Falls Culinary Institute locations) are closed. Online orders and services are available for students. You can find more information on their website about their services including free EBooks and Online tutoring services. https://niagaracc.bncollege.com/shop/niagara-cc/home
No Food Service will be available on campus until further notice.
Limited service will be provided for the students still residing in the Student Housing Village.
Child Development Center
The Child Development Center will be closed until further notice. The office staff will be working remotely if you have any questions or concerns. You may contact them at 716-614-6245 or by email email@example.com for more information.
Student Assistants and Federal Work Study Students
Student Assistants should contact their supervisors to determine if there is work that can be done remotely in order to continue earning their wages at the college. Students whose supervisor indicates there is no work to do remotely should contact the Career and Transitional Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss next steps.
Federal Work Study Students should contact their supervisors to determine if there is work that can be done remotely in order to continue earning their wages at the college. This includes those students who work off-campus through the Federal Work Study program. If the supervisor indicates that there is no work that can be done remotely, please contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss how your award will be satisfied. The contact information is Phone: 716-614-6266 or Email: email@example.com.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
For information on specific Workforce Development and Continuing Education classes- please go to the website for the most up to date information: http://www.niagaracc.suny.edu/wd/
Savor Restaurant and La Patisserie
In accordance with the New York State and CDC guidelines with regard to COVID-19, Savor Restaurant and La Patisserie will be closed until further notice. No takeout service will be available during the closure, but we will post reopening information on the website when it becomes available. For more information go to: http://nfculinary.org/.
- Report for HEERF I Student Aid (CARES Act)
- Report for HEERF II Student Aid (CRRSAA)
- Report for HEERF III Student Aid (ARP)
- CDC fact sheet
- Combating Pandemic Fatigue
- COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave
- How to Wear Cloth Face Coverings
- NCCC Wellness Center Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- New York State Department of Health Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
- Red Cross to Operate Virtual Family Assistance Center
- SUNY Coronavirus Information and Updates
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Situation Summary
- World Health Organization (WHO) information about Coronavirus