Career & Transitional Services

This department brings together multiple services that support students throughout their time at NCCC and beyond.

Accessibility Services FAQs

How will my professors know that I receive extended time on my tests as well as other accommodations?

When you meet with the Accessibility Services Coordinator, your documentation is evaluated to determine appropriate academic adjustments. Every semester, during the first week of classes, letters to your professors outlining your accommodations are emailed to your TWolves email. You give the letter to the professor to let them know what academic adjustments you receive. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with professors during office hours to give them a copy of the letter and discuss academic adjustments.

I had an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) in High School. What do I need to do to receive services at college?

You must contact Accessibility Services at 716-614-6285 to schedule an appointment to meet with the Accessibility Services Coordinator. Please bring documentation with you that supports your request for academic adjustments.

I received Special Education Services in High School. What special education programs do you have at NCCC?

NCCC does not have special educational programs. Students with disabilities are in the same classes and have to meet the same requirements as all other students. We do provide academic adjustments to students with disabilities based upon appropriate documentation. Often these will be similar to some of the services received in high school.

If my accommodations include use of adaptive technology, how will I know how to use these tools?

There is a wide range of adaptive technology devices available for students who are assigned these types of accommodations. Students can set up an appointment with the Accessibility Services Coordinator at 614-6285 to get trained in use of adaptive software and hardware.

Is there additional Financial Aid available for me because I have a disability?

Students with disabilities should apply for the same financial aid packages as all other students. You may also be eligible for services from ACCES-VR (formerly VESID). ACCES-VR is a nationwide Federal-State program. Their role is to help a person with a disability prepare for a suitable occupation, and education may be a part of this. Contact ACCES-VR directly at 716-848-8001 for further information.

What documentation is required?

Documentation will vary based upon your disability. Documentation needs to be current and relevant to how your disability affects your functioning within an academic setting. In many cases, if you have a learning disability, you will need to provide a copy of your IEP and psychological evaluation. More defined documentation guidelines can be found here.


Accessibility Services
Phone: 716-614-6285

Request Information

Schedule a Visit

Contact Admissions