News & Highlights
- August 16th John D Strong Accepted in Lumen Circles Fellowship Program
- June 24th NCCC Library Open to Niagara County Residents
- June 17 Future Leaders Liberty Partnerships Hosts Free Virtual Summer Camps for Middle and High School Students
- June 8 NCCC Hosts Career Readiness Event for Youth
- April 19th NCCC Takes Steps in Making Higher Education More Affordable and Accessible
- April 16th NCCC Students Receive SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- November 5th NCCC Veterans Day Celebration Pivots for Pandemic
- November 4th NCCC students receive Pathway Scholars Awards
- September 14th Strong choice for Chief Diversity and Equity Officer at NCCC
- June 2nd President Murabito Sends Statement to NCCC Community On Death of George Floyd
- May 13th NCCC to Launch “Morning Thunder” Podcast
- April 21st NCCC Student Showcase is virtually remarkable
- April 17th NCCC extends remote learning into the summer
- March 10th NCCC offers more online classes than ever
- March 6th NCCC presents The Diary of Anne Frank
- February 4th NCCC exhibition explores refugee experience in Buffalo
Do you want to promote your initiative for the NCCC community? Please email John D Strong at email@example.com.
Topic: Transformative Conversations: A Reboot
Description: Transformative Conversations was started to address the challenges faced by Higher Education due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Hosted by Dr. Monica Flippin Wynn, over 7000 faculty, staff, and administrators from over 700 institutions, non-profits, and higher education organizations joined us for the first two series of compelling conversations about higher educations response to COVID-19, to the social unrest, and changing higher education environment.
Date: September, October, and November 2021
Topic: Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (JEDI) Walks
Date: October, November, and every Friday at 2pm for the remainder of the 2021-2022 academic year.
Topic: Anti-Racism and Cultural Competence in the Health and Physical Education Settings
Description: John D Strong presented to MAHPERD FALL CONFERENCE: “Equity Meets Mastery”.
Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Topic: Race in America: Giving Voice with John Legend
Description: John Legend joins The Post to discuss his latest album and HUMANLEVEL, his new initiative that works with local governments to fight structural racism.
Date: Friday, October 1, 2021
Topic: Thunderwolves Culture Seminar
Description: Provided for all NCCC Athletes to welcome them into the equitable and inclusive Thunderwolf pack.
Date: Thursday, September 16, 2021
Topic: Mindfully Resolving Cross-Cultural Conflicts in the Classroom recording
Description: So often, our educators, counselors, and administrators want to learn how to mindfully resolve cross-cultural conflicts, but are stuck in trying to answer some very familiar questions, “How do we create an atmosphere where every member is seen and valued? What if a cross-cultural conflict escalates and polarizes everyone in the room? What if I’m part of the problem? If I don’t even know about my own culture, how can I help someone else discover and celebrate theirs?” What if it starts to get really emotional, what should I do? It’s time we move beyond the simplicity of thinking that diversity awareness can only be expressed through our foods, costumes, and dances, to understanding that it is our spiritual, emotional, and traditional differences that are the untold and uncharted territory begging to be honored, valued and integrated into our classrooms, counseling and administrative practices.
Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Links: The Art of Mindful Inquiry, Conflict Facilitation Training Handbook
Topic: Diversity Dialogue #3: 3 Lessons of Revolutionary Love in a Time of Rage with Valerie Kaur
Date: Friday, April 16, 2021
Access Passcode: $*@n20SD
Topic: Present Day Freedom Seekers and The Power of our Stories
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Access Passcode: z@14kDUo
Topic: A Non-Binary Transition with Sage Skyler
Date: Friday, October 30, 2020
Access Passcode: 1&sV0g7#
Topic: Diversity Dialogue #1: My Identity is My Superpower!
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Access Passcode: j4!rQdhi