Required Web-based Report for HEERF III Student Aid
Niagara County Community College received Student Aid funding under section 2003(7) of the ARP. This program, with some changes, provides supplemental funds to the CARES Act section 18004(a)(1) program. NCCC signed and returned to the Education Department a Certification and Agreement as required under the CARES Act section 18004(a)(1) program. We acknowledge that by drawing down the ARP funds, our institution agrees to be bound by the conditions set forth in the ARP Supplemental Agreement including using 100 percent of these funds, $6,235,660 to provide emergency aid grants to students.
You may be eligible to receive a block award if you:
- Are a matriculated (degree-seeking) full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Have completed the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) within the following range: 0 – $14,615
- Are a matriculated full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Are an international student or non-citizen who is not eligible for federal financial aid
Determination of Award Amounts
NCCC will award 80% of the award ($5,001,788) will vary based on student enrollment and individual eligibility. The remaining 20% Discretionary Awards ($1,233,872) will be disbursed to NCCC’s remaining 1187 students on a linear per credit hour basis as NCCC has a large base of needy students. NCCC will award all HEERFIII funds for the Fall 2021 semester only.
Awards will vary by enrollment level (full- or part-time) and EFC. Eligible students will receive an email indicating their individual award amount. The following chart indicates block award amounts based on an estimate of 1879 eligible students enrolled in the fall 2021 semester:
The remaining 20% Discretionary Awards ($1,233,872) will be disbursed to NCCC’s remaining 1187 students on a linear per credit hour basis as NCCC has a large base of needy students. NCCC will award all HEERFIII funds for the Fall 2021 semester only. The award in this category will not exceed the maximum award of $1,705.00 for full time students in the EFC Ranges of 11,693-14,615 in the block grant chart listed above. Recipients will be sent an email to regarding the amount of the discretionary emergency grant they will receive from the cashier’s office. Award amounts to eligible students will vary based on a review of the number of credit hours the student is enrolled in.
No application is required for receipt of HEERF III Student Aid block awards. Eligible students will be notified of their grant amounts and information about delivery of funds via email via the NCCC’s Cashier’s Office.
HEERF III student aid funds may be used for any component of the student’s cost of attendance or emergency costs that arise due to Coronavirus, including:
- Health care (including mental health care)
HEERF III student aid funds will not need to be repaid
Impact on Financial Aid
HEERF III student aid funds will not impact your current or future financial aid
Distribution of funds
E-mail on October 12, 2021, to Students re: Direct Emergency Grant under HEERF III:
Subject: Federal Government’s American Rescue Plan (ARP) Student Aid Funds – Direct Emergency Grants to Students
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the ARP Act provides emergency grants to students for expenses related to cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus. Eligible costs include tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or child care.
You are eligible to receive an emergency grant in the amount of $XXXXXX. This is not a loan and will not need to be paid back. In addition, this grant will not affect your financial aid award amounts for academic year 2021-2022 and is not considered taxable income. If you do not need the emergency grant funds, notify the Financial Aid Office immediately.
NCCC will issue a check in the amount of your award, unless you respond within ten (10) days indicating you would like to apply all or a portion of your emergency grant to an outstanding account balance. Applying all or a portion of your emergency grant award to an outstanding balance is solely your decision and not required. Absent your specific direction to pay an outstanding balance, you will receive your full emergency grant award.
If you would like to apply all or a portion of your emergency grant, click here (link to Next Gen Form). To view your Schedule/Bill, sign into Banner Web, select Student Accounts, select View My Schedule/Bill and select term.
NCCC Cashier’s Office
Reporting Requirement: Quarterly
Update: NCCC has distributed all Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. THIS IS NCCC’s FINAL HEERF III Report
Federal Disclosure Reporting Chart
Below is the combined quarterly reporting summary for the HEERF Student Aid Funds made available through CARES, CRRSAA, and the ARP satisfying all required reporting elements.