FRCAE is a resource that faculty are invited to utilize through visiting the Center and/or this website. Should you discover a resource that you believe would be beneficial to the faculty, contact us.
The Center provides access to software applications and office equipment such as printers, scanners, and the opportunity to screen web-based meetings (such as “Zoom”). Additionally, faculty members are able to borrow equipment on a daily/weekly basis. Please visit the equipment page for further details.
The Center provides support to faculty and provides opportunities for faculty to grow through the provision of:
- Assistance in locating resources on teaching and learning conference information
- Discussion and brainstorming with the coordinator
- Instruction in the use of new instructional technologies
- Keynote speakers
- Presentations by consultants
- Workshops throughout the academic year
The Center sponsors activities to encourage professional exchange buy supporting:
- Academic round-table
- Sharing innovations in the classroom
- Special interest groups
- Teaching circles
Topics include strategies for teaching, writing, research, assessment, mentoring, etc…
The Center provides a convenient location to host celebrations to honor the achievements of our faculty.
- Publicizing accomplishments
- Receptions honoring faculty including the Carol Jamieson Award.