NCCC welcomes students from across the globe to study on our campus! We offer more than fifty (50) programs of study and on-campus housing. International students are attracted to our academic reputation, small class size, affordable tuition, and excellent transfer opportunities. In return, your presence enriches our college environment and contributes to the promotion of international understanding.
NCCC looks forward to assisting you in achieving your educational and career goals. There is a dedicated International Admissions Advisor available to assist you with application requirements and maintaining compliance.
NCCC is conveniently located to Toronto, Buffalo, and Niagara Falls.
NCCC requires the items listed below for admission to the College. International (F-1 visa) students must be full-time with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester and must be officially accepted (matriculated) into a degree program. (Canadian students can attend less than full time.)
International Student Application Deadlines:
NCCC will admit international students in the fall and spring semesters. All required documentation MUST be submitted to NCCC by the fall or spring deadline stated below.
- Fall Admission Deadline: July 15
- Spring Admission Deadline: December 1
Please remember to allow as much time as possible due to consulate/embassy holidays, vacations, and the increased review of student visa applications. Canadian students do not need to schedule Consulate/Embassy visits as they are exempt from that requirement.
Admission Requirements for International Degree-Seeking Students
Acceptance into a degree program is based on the following items:
All required documents listed below can be uploaded to the Admissions Portal once you have applied to NCCC.
Apply to NCCC
- Complete the NCCC Application for International Students
- High School (Secondary School): Official High School (Secondary School) transcript in certified English translation with proof of graduation.
- Enter 777777 for high school code, if yours is not listed.
- College/University (if applicable): All International college/university transcripts must be sent to a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). This service will evaluate transcripts and provide the American grade and course equivalencies.
- Submit copy of valid passport.
- Written autobiography essay highlighting the student’s goals and reasons he/she is seeking admission to NCCC. (Form FSA-2) The form must be used.
As an international student, you are required to provide documented evidence of your financial resources for the first full academic year (10 months). For international students, this amount is $19,000 minimum in U.S. dollars. For Canadian commuter students, the amount is $10,000 minimum in U.S. dollars.
You must provide the following:
- A certified bank statement confirming the required amount with the appropriate bank signatures and listed acceptable documentation is also required. Statements must be less than 6 months old and written in English.
- If you are being supported by a sponsor, complete SUNY International Financial Statement Form (FSA-4) indicating financial support of $19,000 minimum in U.S. dollars ($10,000 for Canadian commuter students).
International students can provide proof of English language proficiency by one of the following means:
- TOEFL score of 61 or higher on internet-based test (ibT) or score of 500 or higher on paper – OR –
- IELTS score of 6 (Competent User) or higher – OR –
- Duolingo English Test score of 90 or higher – OR –
- Proof of citizenship from an English-speaking country and a short essay outlining why you should be waived from English language proficiency testing requirement.
- Proof of immunization
- Measles, mumps, and rubella is required
- Meningitis vaccine is optional, but must be acknowledged by a signature on the Health Form in our Wellness Center.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster is also required in order to register for classes that meet on-campus.
- International students are required to complete placement testing once accepted to NCCC. Placement testing can be completed online. More information can be found on our Placement Testing webpage.
Accepted International Students
International students (with the exception of Canadian students) entering the US for the purpose of study must obtain a student visa from a US Embassy or Consulate. Your acceptance letter and I-20 provided by the College, your passport, along with any other necessary materials must be presented to obtain your F-1 student visa, which will allow you to enter the United States.
Prior to applying for your visa, it is required that you pay a $350 SEVIS fee (Form I-901) to the US Government. (Canadian students must pay the fee but no visa is required). You will be required to present a receipt verifying payment of this fee prior to your documents being processed and entry to the US is granted.
For additional guidelines regarding SEVIS requirements, it is recommended you refer to the following link: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/. This will provide you with information regarding the payment of the SEVIS fee, SEVIS frequently asked questions and preparing for your F-1 visa interview.
Express Mail Shipment of I-20
The Admissions Office at Niagara County Community College is pleased to make available an express mail service that allows students overseas that are applying for F visas to receive their initial attendance I-20 documents through FedEx, UPS, or DHL in 3-5 days. This is an optional service available at the student’s own expense. I-20 documents are usually sent out through regular mail and can take several weeks for delivery.
This express service must be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover cards only) at the time of your request. To request mailing of your documents, go to the following secure website: (works best with Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox browsers)
- You must use the website above (do not contact FedEx, UPS, or DHL directly)
- You must create a login and password if this is your first time using this service
- Enter your name as it appears on your passport
- Select Admissions Office as the sender’s address
- Student ID field: leave blank. This is an optional question
- Upon completing the request, eShip will send you an email that includes a tracking number so you can track the delivery of the package
If you have any questions about how to use this service, please visit the FAQs section of their website or email email@example.com.
Please be careful when submitting your information since incorrect credit card information or incomplete address information will result in a delay in your I-20 being mailed.
If you’re a Canadian student, you’ll have to pay the SEVIS fee, but you don’t need a visa to enter the United States for study. You must, however, have proof of Canadian citizenship and your acceptance letter and I-20 from NCCC. If English is your first language, TOEFL scores are not required. Other admission requirements still apply.
International Students transferring to NCCC from another U.S. college or university
International students currently studying in the U.S. at a college or university can begin the process of transferring to NCCC by completing the I-20 Transfer In form for F-1 International Students. This form must be completed by the PDSO or DSO at your current college or university and sent to the NCCC Admissions Office for review. The PDSO or DSO at your current college or university must also transfer your SEVIS record to NCCC as soon as possible.
Incoming students must also request official transcripts to be sent from any college or university attended. Official transcripts can be mailed to NCCC Admissions; 3111 Saunders Settlement Rd., Sanborn, NY 14132. Electronic official transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon Arrival at NCCC
Once you arrive at NCCC, you are required to meet with the DSO for current students with 10 days of your arrival on campus.
Contact for an appointment:
Andrea Adinolfe, DSO for Current Students
In-Person: Student Success Center (D-102)
Phone: (716) 614-6290
Please contact for more information: