2020-2022 Action Plan
Niagara County Community College’s Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee developed this Strategic Action Plan to provide our college a compass for JEDI efforts for the academic years of 2020-2022. This plan builds off of the College’s previous Diversity & Inclusion Strategic Plan implemented in 2016 which established the following guiding principles:
- Niagara County Community College is committed to practices and policies that assure decisions are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, creed, citizenship, gender expression, gender identity or perceived gender, marital status, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, political or social affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic information, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and Executive Orders.
- Commitment to consistently improving opportunities for all people, by supporting social justice and civility in developing curricula, programs, services, policies, and procedures.
- Leadership that fosters trust and provides transparency in processes for all members of the College.
- Ongoing evaluation of recruitment and outreach practices to sustain diversity in employee and student populations and in external constituent relationships.
This plan consists of three objectives, six goals, and 26 strategic actions to implement over the next two years.
OBJECTIVE 1: Access, Equity, and Opportunity for all students across campus
- Goal #1: Offer increased support for historically underserved students to achieve levels of academic success.
- Goal #2: Expand professional development opportunities among faculty to create awareness, skills, and capacity regarding equity and inclusion.
OBJECTIVE 2: Develop a curriculum that reflects and promotes JEDI concepts on an academic level
- Goal #3: Strengthen student intercultural competencies through curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities.
- Goal #4: Assist academic divisions to incorporate justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion practices into their classrooms by providing strategies, resources, and education that perpetuate a unifying and anti-racist agenda.
OBJECTIVE 3: Provide an inclusive and anti-racist environment for our campus community
- Goal #5: Improve the sense of belonging, visibility, personal safety, and our commitment to creating an inclusive campus community for all students and employees.
- Goal #6: Strategically recruit, retain, develop, and advance underrepresented faculty, staff, and administrators to increase overall diversity aligned with New York State demographics.
You can read the full 2020-2022 Action Plan in its entirety here: