Come and join our exciting Niagara Falls Culinary Institute team this summer for paid restaurant experience and internship hours; we are looking for cooks, servers, hosts, and dishwashers to work from May 24th, 2021 to August 19th, 2021. Savor restaurant will be serving lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday.
Additional free training such as T.I.P.s, ServSafe, and Narcan will be available for those who are interested.
Savor Restaurant hosts typically do the following:
- Providing professional, friendly, courteous service to every guest while taking reservations, greeting, seating, and handling guest inquiries.
- Position requires the ability to interact with the public, speak English clearly, retain details, and physical exertion in the form of walking, standing, turning, bending, lifting, and carrying.
Savor Servers typically do the following:
- Welcoming and sitting diners comfortably in the dining section
- Taking customers’ food and drink orders
- Collaborating with the kitchen and bar staff for the prompt and correct delivery of orders
- Memorizing the menu and recommend appetizers, meals, and drinks from restaurant wine stock
- Delivering a memorable dining experience by resolving all customer issues promptly
- Assisting with the tidying of tables, clearing leftovers, and keeping the dining area neat and pleasant
- Setting tables and rearranging the dining area to accommodate larger groups and prepare the restaurant for special events
- Ensuring cooking utensils and kitchen area are cleaned after closing to comply with state regulations
Savor Cooks typically do the following:
- Ensure the freshness of food and ingredients
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes
- Bake, grill, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Boil and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Arrange, garnish, and sometimes serve food
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, and dishes
- Cook, handle and store food or ingredients