May 14, 2021
SUNY Niagara hosted its annual Student Life Awards Night on May 5, 2021, doling out more than 50 awards to individuals who made outstanding contributions to the college community. This event took place virtually and can be viewed on Student Life’s website: www.niagaracc.suny.edu/studentlife. The annual award ceremony recognizes the academic and co-curricular accomplishments achieved by students, faculty, and staff. Some of the most prestigious awards and recipients include:
- 2021 President’s Medallion Award, presented to Miranda Fiore and Arianna Morales, both of Niagara Falls.
- 2021 SUNY Chancellor’s Award, presented to Allyson Knuutila-Clark of Lockport, Miranda Fiore and Arianna Morales.
- The All New York Academic Team for Phi Theta Kappa, presented to Aliyah Carroll of Tonawanda and Jordyn Fisher of Grand Island.
- Club Member of the Year, presented to Jason Dittly of Lockport for his dedication to the Art Guild.
- Club Officer of the Year, presented to Nathan Lee of Lockport for his leadership in the Gaming and Anime Club.
- The Community Impact Award, presented to the SUNY Niagara Student Nurses Association.
- Educational Opportunity Program Academic Achievement Award, recognized by the SUNY Provost and Office of Opportunity Programs, presented to: Carolina Candelaria of Amherst; Elaine Champagne-Lewis of Niagara Falls; Brianna Doxey of Lockport; Emily Kolek of Lockport; Neahsia Maye of Niagara Falls; Justin Mercado of Brooklyn; Alisha Rivers of Lockport; Victoria Skalski of Tonawanda; and Karen Walker of Niagara Falls.
- Exemplary Student Involvement, presented to Allison Knuutila-Clark.
- Program of the Year, present to the Campus Activities Board.
- The Spirit of SUNY Niagara Award, presented to the 2020-2021 Student Trustee, Maurice Jackson of Niagara Falls.
- Student Leader of Character Award, presented to Mikaysjiah Allen of Syracuse.
- Student Organization of the Year, presented to the Gaming and Anime Club.
- Thunderwolves Award, given posthumously in memory of SUNY Niagara Student, Chester Miles of Niagara Falls.
- The Unsung Hero Award, presented to Conner Henner of North Tonawanda from the Veteran’s Association.
- Volunteer and Service Award, presented to Elizabeth Enterline of Eden.
SUNY Niagara’s Office of Student Life hosts more than 80 social events for students on a yearly basis including leadership trainings, workshops, and community service projects. The Office supports more than 25 clubs, facilitating a space for students to explore mutual interests and academic fields. Student Life builds community outside of the classroom through promoting the well-being of the whole student and developing life-long leaders which enhance campus life and benefit the surrounding community.