NCCC’s Practical Nursing certificate program is committed to the education of practical nurses and the promotion of wellness in the community. The Practical Nursing program offers clinical experiences at hospitals, health care facilities, and community agencies in Niagara, Orleans, and Erie counties to provide students with important clinical experiences in all areas of health care. Graduates of the program are eligible to take the National Council License Examination (NCLEX-PN) for Practical Nurses through the State Education Department.
The mission of the practical nursing program at Niagara County Community College is to educate individuals who will provide safe, patient-centered nursing care in today’s diverse healthcare environment, while demonstrating caring behaviors, utilizing critical thinking, maintaining professional integrity. Graduates of the practical nursing program are eligible to start their nursing career upon completion of the licensing exam in a variety of settings or continue on to an AAS in nursing.
Visit the Nursing Information Center.
Program Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of the Practical Nursing Program:
- Be employed in a position for which the program prepared them and express satisfaction with the program.
- Employers will express satisfaction with the competence level of the graduates.
- Students are expected to complete the program in four semesters, including Fall, Spring and two Summer sessions.
- The graduates will be reported by the New York State Education Department to have passed the NCLEX-PN licensure exam at a rate equal to or exceeding the national and New York State mean.
Annie Sa Pay ’19
“What I like most about the Practical Nursing Certificate program is the classroom size and the readiness of my professors to assist whenever needed. Originally, I applied to a few nursing programs and Niagara County Community College (NCCC) was quick to respond to all of my questions, which made me decide to choose the nursing program there. I am currently working as a certified nursing assistant (CNA) at my current job as I prepare to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).”
According to the most recent Employment and Continuing Education survey of 2017 graduates responding, 90% are employed.
Student Achievement Data
- NCLEX-PN pass rate for 2018 is 100%
- The completion rate for 2016 -2018 cohort is 95%
Brianne Lawton, MS, RN
Division Office: 716-614-5940
Phone: 716-614-6222 Ext: 4017