An individual may take courses at the college as a non-matriculated student who is not seeking a certificate or degree from NCCC. Students may also enter on a non-matriculated basis if they are not prepared to matriculate. Non-matriculated students are not required to have graduated from high school or possess a high school equivalency diploma. Non-matriculated students are not eligible for financial aid. Contact the Registration and Records Office to enroll or review the website information.
Non-matriculated students are required to pass college placement tests before enrolling in courses that require the assessments as a prerequisite. All other prerequisites must also be met. If a prerequisite course was taken at another institution, an unofficial transcript or grade mailer proving successful completion will be a sufficient waiver.
A student whose high school class has not yet graduated and is under the age of 16 who wishes to take classes at Niagara County Community College as a non-matriculated student must have the non-matriculated application signed by a parent and or legal guardian.
A minor student’s enrollment in any college course constitutes an agreement by that student to complete all class assignments without special consideration being given because of age.
Applicants with previous felony convictions need to complete a separate packet of materials including a questionnaire regarding criminal and rehabilitative history. A letter of recommendation is also required from the applicant’s probation or parole officer (or character reference if parole/probation is not appropriate). The application must be completed and submitted 60 calendar days prior to the start of the semester.
CURRENT NON-MATRICULATED STUDENTS
If you are currently registered for the Spring 2021 semester as a non-matriculated student, you will receive a letter in the mail before the Registration Start Date for Non-Matriculated students (Monday, April 12th, 2021 at 8AM) with more information related to registration for the next semester.
NEW or RETURNING NON-MATRICULATED STUDENTS
To register for classes as a non-matriculated student, please follow the steps outlined below:
Fill out the online application.
- Log In Instructions: Complete this online form by creating a new user account if you are a new student or don’t know your login information. If you are a returning student, you may log in with your ID and PIN.
To allow sufficient time for processing, the application must be received in the Registration & Records Office prior to the following date:
- Summer Full Term & Term I Classes 2021 = May 22, 2021, by 12 pm Noon*
- Summer Term II Classes 2021 = July 12, 2021 by 12 pm Noon*
- Fall 2021 = August 27, 2021 by 12 pm Noon
*NCCC will be closed Fridays from May 21st through July 30, 2021
Applicants who have been dismissed from another institution for disciplinary reasons must have their application completed and submitted 20 calendar days prior to the start of the semester. These students must follow the Disciplinary Dismissals procedure.
Once the application has been processed, the student will receive a letter in the mail to the address provided on their application with their TWolves Email username and temporary password to activate their email account.
- Encrypted email is available by request and/or during the week prior to the start of the semester.
*If you are sent an encrypted e-mail, it will be sent to the email address provided on the application requesting a copy of a photo ID. The student must reply to the encrypted email with a picture of their photo ID. Once we receive the photo ID, the student will receive an email with their T-Wolves Email username & temporary password to activate their email account.
Activate T-Wolves Email account per the instructions provided in the letter/email you receive. Your T-Wolves username and password is used to log into all NCCC software applications.
If you cannot locate/lost your letter:
- Retrieve your T-Wolves username
- Contact T-Wolves Assistance to re-set your password 716-210-2505 (Mon-Fri, 7:30am – 4:30pm)
- Have your physician, high school, or former college send your immunization records to the Wellness Center (Fax 716-614-6817 or email@example.com).
- Complete the Wellness Center Packet and submit to the Wellness Center (C-122) at the time of application. ALL students, regardless of credit hours being taken, must submit proof of immunization before you will be allowed to register online.
Questions? Contact Wellness Center at 716-614-6275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for classes online in Banner Web. Students will log into Banner Web using their T-Wolves Email username & password. Click on the link below for detailed instructions on how to register for classes.
- Registration for Summer & Fall 2021 begins April 12th at 8:00 AM
- Non-Matriculated Student Registration Instructions
- Course Offerings – This provides a searchable listing of all courses available for a selected semester. Summer & Fall 2021 Course offerings will be available to view on February 22, 2021.
- Pre-Requisites: Students who wish to take a course that has a prerequisite not taken at NCCC will need to provide an unofficial transcript or grade mailer via email to the Registration & Records Office at email@example.com. Instructions for looking up course prerequisites can be found in the College catalog.
Students can register online using Banner Web on or after the date listed below for the term you are registering for.
- Summer Full Term & Term I 2021 = April 12, 2021 to May 24, 2021
- Summer Term II 2021 = April 12, 2021 to July 12, 2021
- Fall 2021 = April 12, 2021 to September 2, 2021
Please note: NCCC will be closed Fridays from May 21st through July 30, 2021
Follow the Billing & Payment Process Instructions document and complete the following steps:
- Students must be at least 16 years of age to register for a course at NCCC.
- NO FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE FOR NON-MATRICULATED STUDENTS. Do not use this form if you are receiving financial aid. Students who seek financial aid must apply through Admissions.
- View Course description information.
- Academic Foundation testing is required for certain classes. Please check the student catalog link above which will provide more information about this requirement.
- NCCC does not guarantee the transferability of credits taken at NCCC to any other institution.
Records Questions: 716-614-6250 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Questions: 716-614-6884 | email@example.com
Transfer Credit Evaluation Questions: 716-614-6253 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: A-105 Notar Admin Bldg.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Evening hours are available via ZOOM by appointment only on Tuesdays between 4-6pm; please email a request to email@example.com.