9 Part Entrepreneur Series
Beginning March 24th! Registration is now open!
All classes Wednesday evenings 6pm – 8pm (webinar version).
Certificate provided for attendance to all classes.
This class will explain entrepreneurship and discuss its importance.
- It will cover the three main reasons why people decide to become entrepreneurs.
- It will identify the four main characteristics of successful entrepreneurs, and explain five common myths regarding entrepreneurship.
- Finally, it will explore the entrepreneurial process and the business plan, and why it is important.
Learn what it takes to write a great business plan that lenders will approve and help you to make valuable business decisions. You will discover the business model canvas- a one-page strategic roadmap to get a business off the ground.
Included in this session are:
- Fundamentals of bookkeeping
- Intro to cash flow planning and financing
- Managing your money for a successful business
- Methods to facilitate bookkeeping
Are your online efforts reaching your target markets? Social Media Basics For Your Business will review different social media websites and what they have to offer for your business. The seminar will also discuss social media marketing strategies you can use to most effectively reach your target market.
This session will be an introduction to marketing fundamentals. Topics will include: the definition of target markets, market segmentation strategies & variables, developing pricing, and promotion strategies.
This session will be an introduction to marketing fundamentals. Topics will include:
- Definition of the market
- Developing pricing strategies
- Market segmentation strategies and variables
This session will discuss insurance plans specific to small business owners. Learn how to protect your assets. Topics include:
- Business, automobile, and NYS insurance compensation laws
- Catastrophe insurance (umbrella)
- Completed business operations
- General Liability with a discussion of products
Topics will include the five forms of business structure: proprietorship, partnership, corporation, s-corp, and limited liability. Also covered: tax issues in each form, documentation and bookkeeping requirements, and tax consequences related to each.
Topics will include: How to be an effective leader, team building, assertiveness, and effective communicating. Overcoming work anxiety, prioritizing tasks/goals will also be discussed.
Lynn Oswald, Director
NCCC Small Business Development Center
3111 Saunders Settlement Rd.
Sanborn, New York 14132
Phone: 716- 210-2515
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00am – 4:00pm