Secretary – Assistant Bookkeeper
Download a printable Employment Application.
DATE DUE: Continuous
Full-time position reporting to the Assistant Director/Comptroller of the College Association of NCCC, Inc. The Secretary – Assistant Bookkeeper is a shared position with tasks and responsibilities as designated by the Assistant Director/Comptroller and the Foundation Director
The Secretary – Assistant Bookkeeper is accountable to the Assistant Director/Comptroller of the College Association of NCCC. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director/Comptroller and the Foundation Director, performs all duties and responsibilities as listed as well as other related tasks as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as receptionist for the Association Administrative Office, providing customer service to students, faculty, staff, administration and outside entities.
- Responsible for clerical duties including word processing, data entry, filing, answering phone, correspondence, copying, etc.
- Responsible for ordering/maintaining administrative office supplies.
- Copies AR payments and writes deposits.
- Backup for food service cashier and meal plan processing
- Responsible for typing, copying and mailing confidential correspondence as directed.
- Assists with the preparation of an agenda and related materials, records minutes for meetings of the College Association and the Student Housing Village Board of Directors.
- Performs bookkeeping functions including AR, AP, journal entries, invoicing, donations receivable and budget tracking. Reconciles bank statements. Maintain scholarship and endowment fund balances.
- Assists with College Association and Foundation fund raising events, requiring occasional night and weekend work hours.
- Assists in field work preparation for the annual independent audits.
- Assists other administrative office personnel as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job is ideal for someone who is:
- Adaptable/flexible–enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in directions
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused, analytical
- Dependable, responsible and organized.
- High stress tolerance – thrives in a high-pressure environment
- People-oriented–enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Works independently following verbal directions
Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping Certificate with (3) three years’ related experience. Applicants must possess nonprofit bookkeeping and clerical experience. Proficient in Microsoft excel, word, and email. Skilled in interpersonal communication, attention to detail, strong organizational skills and data entry using computerized accounting software.
Experience with Blackbaud Raisers Edge, Financial Edge, Auction MastroPro or Sage 300. Experience in a college or school environment.
- Free Parking
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- Public transportation
- Summer schedule
Background check required. Send cover letter that addresses the above stated qualifications; resume; and the names and contact information for three (3) current work related references to the College Association of NCCC, Inc., 3111 Saunders Settlement Road, Sanborn, NY 14132. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Written letters of recommendation from the three (3) references and official transcripts of academic degrees are required at time of scheduled interview. The College Association of Niagara County Community College, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer dedicated to work force diversity.