Skip to main content
A community college sponsored by Niagara County

© 2019 SUNY Niagara | All rights reserved.

Public Safety

Information For Crime Victims

Report all incidents to the SUNY Niagara Public Safety Department. The SUNY Niagara Public Safety Department (G-106) is located on the North side of G-building, (Student Center) at the main entrance to G-building. Registration desk at NFCI.

The SUNY Niagara Public Safety Department seriously regrets any problem that you may encounter as a student at SUNY Niagara.

If you attend a SUNY Niagara class at one of our extension sites, report all incidents such as thefts, assaults, harassment, suspicious persons or vehicle accidents to the local police agency. In Niagara County this can be accomplished by dialing 911 during an emergency situation.

Report all incidents that occur on campus to the Public Safety Department ASAP. Public Safety personnel will be dispatched to your location.

Based on the type of incident, a determination will be made to call the NYSP or NCSO immediately or upon completion of the officer’s investigation. A copy of the report will be forwarded to the police if necessary.

To assist us, we will ask for evidence, witnesses, suspects, identifying markings, and other related information. Serial numbers or identifiable markings are vitally important. Items may turn up on campus grounds, in pawnshops, during police arrests, and by inquiring through the National Crime Prevention Computer.

Be sure to inform us if you recover your property at a later date. If you gain additional information relating to the incident, please notify us.

SUNY Niagara does not carry insurance to cover the theft of personal property. If personal property is stolen from you, we suggest you contact your insurance agent for possible coverage through your home owners or automotive insurance.

When an investigation is successful, and an offender is identified; we will need your continued cooperation. You may be required to identify the property, sign an accusatory instrument, and/or a supporting deposition. These state that you did not give anyone permission to use your property.

The SUNY Niagara Public Safety Department will assist you and do everything within our power and resources to solve crimes and apprehend offenders.

Confidential Reporting of Crimes:
SUNY Niagara currently has no Policy for the Voluntary Confidential Reporting of Crimes for the inclusion in the annual disclosure of crime statistics.

Reporting Incidents and Injuries

Accidents resulting in personal injuries to anyone on campus are to be reported to the Wellness Center (C-122) at extension 6275. When the Wellness Center is not open, report personal injuries to the SUNY Niagara Public Safety Department (G-106) at extension 6400. Sporting event injuries are reported to the SUNY Niagara Athletic Trainer (H-167) extension 6242.

Notify your instructor immediately if an injury occurs in class, to insure that you receive prompt treatment for any injuries by obtaining first aid or medical treatment. If treatment requires first aid, the instructor or another person must accompany the injured person en route to the Wellness Center. Injured students are not to be sent to the Wellness unescorted to seek medical attention.

Report a Crime


  • We can be reached by calling: 614-6400 from an off campus line.
  • Calling extension, 555 or 6400 from on-campus Sanborn phones or ext 2555 from NFCI phones.
  • Blue phones on the Sanborn Campus by lifting receiver
  • Blue phones outside the Student Housing Village by pressing button
  • By reporting directly to our offices; Sanborn Campus – G-106, NFCI Office – Reception