Student Resource Center

Academic Counseling

College is a time of transition. Students who are thinking about selecting a different academic program from the one they are currently in should contact the Student Resource Center regarding completing a Major Change Application. A Student Resource Center professional will discuss your choices and assist you in exploring your options.

Students face many challenges as they pursue their academic goals. Sometimes it becomes apparent that this is not the right time for you to be in college. Other times you’re not sure which direction you are going in, and need someone to show you the way. This is when our Academic Counseling services are most valuable. Make an appointment with a Student Resource Center counselor who can help you to assess your situation, explore your options, and create a plan for success. This might include completing an Application for Withdrawal from NCCC and taking time off from your academics or simply reevaluating your reasons to being in college and adopting new strategies for success. Exit counseling is provided to assist students in understanding alternatives to, and outcomes of, withdrawing from the College. Whatever your choice, the Student Resource Center professionals are here to help you make an educated choice tailored to your needs.

Looking ahead, students who wish to continue studies at other institutions after completing some coursework or a full degree at NCCC should seek the Student Resource Center’s Academic Counseling services. Many options exist for students wishing to enter into a Dual Admissions agreement or simply transfer to another school. A skilled Student Resource Center professional can assist you in determining which academic programs or institutions will best meet your needs and further your goals for the future.

Call 716-614-6290 or stop by A-144 to schedule an appointment.


Phone: 716-614-6290
Fax: 716-614-6814
Location: A-144