The NCCC Student Campus Pantry was originally established in fall 2016. It was developed to distribute quality and nutritious food to NCCC students. The campus pantry offers non-perishable and perishable items such as dairy, produce, and meat. It also works to raise awareness surrounding hunger issues and food insecurity, especially experienced by low-income college students. In addition, it encourages student engagement in turn fostering a sense of community and service to peers on campus.
The Campus Pantry is located in G-245. If you are interested in placing an order, you will have the option to place either an online order or come to the pantry to “shop” in person. Online orders will offer randomly selected items, shopping in person will allow you to personalize your selection.
How to Order
If you are interested in “shopping” in person please email Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Shop In-Person, Pantry” to set up an appointment.
Each order will consist of the following
- 2 Non – Perishable Items (canned vegetables, spaghetti sauce, pickles, etc.)
- 1 Fresh/Frozen Item (lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, frozen vegetables)
- 1 Non – Perishable Item (canned fruits, jelly)
- 1 Fresh/Frozen Item (berries, apples, bananas, frozen fruits)
- 1 Non – Perishable Items (canned tuna, canned chicken, Vienna sausages, corned beef)
- 2 Fresh/Frozen Items (chicken, beef, pork, fish)
- 2 Fresh/Frozen Items (milk, eggs, butter, cheese, yogurt)
- 1 Non – Perishable Item (pasta, rice)
- 1 Fresh/Frozen Items (bread, rolls)
- 1 Non – Perishable Item (ramen, ravioli, spaghetti-o’s, mac and cheese, hamburger helper)
- 1 Fresh/Frozen Item (Chicken Nuggets, Pizza, French Fries, etc.)
- 1 Non – Perishable Item (chicken noodle, minestrone, baked potato, vegetable)
- 1 Non – Perishable Item (cereal, granola bars, pop tarts, oatmeal, pancake mix)
- 1 Non – Perishable Item (kool-aid mix, lemonade mix, coffee)
- 1 Fresh Item (fruit juice, vegetable juice)
- 2 Bonus Items (brownie mix, cookie mix, chips, condiments)
Meal Kit Mondays
Each week the Campus Pantry will feature a meal kit. The students will have to opportunity to sign up for a meal kit throughout the week and pick up their meal kit by Friday. We will provide about 20 meal kits a week, the first 20 students to sign up will receive the kit. Students are encouraged to check Blackboard Announcements for access to the sign-up form.
For questions, please contact Molly Cole at email@example.com or 716-614-6255.
For Information on How to Donate
As the needs of our students continue to grow, so does the need for support. Our goal is to raise at least $5,000 in donations to be utilized towards purchasing fresh food such as; meat, dairy, vegetables, and fruit – along with providing the tools necessary to run a pantry with the addition of new cold storage units. The funds will also offer additional benefits to students such as dietary accommodations, increased inventory, and a safe space for Food Support Networks.