ACE Tutoring Policies
- The Academic Center for Excellence provides free tutoring students for currently enrolled NCCC students. Scheduled appointments for tutoring services are preferred, however, we will do our best to accommodate walk-in appointments.
- Tutors are not expected to teach new material. It is the students’ responsibility to attend class and take notes on a regular basis. Students that do not attend their courses or participate in online coursework are not eligible to receive tutoring services.
- Students may sign-up for a maximum 1 hour of tutoring per day, per content area. If a tutor does not have a scheduled appointment following your time together, you may continue working together at the tutor’s discretion.
- If a student cannot attend a tutoring session, it is the student’s responsibility to cancel the appointment. Appointments can be canceled by logging into your PENJI account, calling ACE at 716-614-6724 (if you are not in contact with someone, please leave a voicemail with the details of your appointment), or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Continuous no-call/no-show appointments will result in an inability to schedule future appointments.
- ACE tutors, coaches, and staff members are strictly prohibited from providing students with personal information such as telephone numbers, private email addresses, etc. Should any NCCC student have technical difficulties during their scheduled online tutoring appointment, the coach/tutor will attempt to troubleshoot with the student as best as possible utilizing only the ZOOM video conferencing software and NCCC email. If students are unable to connect with the tutor/coach during the scheduled tutoring time, the student may make another appointment to meet at a later time in the day/week.
To view our most up-to-date in-person academic support services, visit our Academic Support Availability page or click on the “ACE Academic Support Schedule” button below.
Is there a course you’re interested in, but it is not listed? Fill out the following form and let us know how we can help.
Are you interested in helping others?
Apply to become a Student Tutor by clicking the link above. Student Tutors must meet minimum qualifications and be recommended by an instructor. Student Tutors can either volunteer their time or be paid an hourly wage.