Welcome to ACE
The mission of the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) at SUNY Niagara County Community College is to provide students with learning support services that serve as a foundation for academic success, retention, and completion of educational goals. To accomplish this mission, we
- Collaborate and partner with faculty, advisors, and administrators to coordinate a campus-wide network of academic support.
- Foster a safe and collaborative student-centered environment through shared learning experiences.
- Implement diverse types of course-related academic support, such as student tutoring, academic coaching, and collaborative study groups.
- Provide individuals and group-based workshops for ways to implement successful study skills and strategies.
The vision of ACE is to provide NCCC students with the strategies and skills needed to assist them in becoming independent learners who rely upon their strengths and abilities.
YouTube Video on How to Make a Virtual Tutoring Appointment: https://youtu.be/wJ20Q_nT8aU
How can ACE help you?
As a first step, we ask that you consult with your instructor(s) in regards to your coursework. Our instructors are committed to your success and know what is best for you to succeed. In addition, we encourage you to speak with your academic advisor. Advisors can provide you with academic advice particular to your degree or program throughout your career at NCCC.
Academic coaches are professional tutors that have obtained a degree in content-specific areas such as accounting, math, writing, science, and more! Coaches are also available to help you with time management and/or metacognitive learning strategies. You can make an appointment with a coach online or see if someone is available for a walk-in!
ACE offers two different means of online tutoring services:
- NCCC Online Tutoring is typically available Monday – Thursday from 9am – 7pm. For NCCC Online Tutoring services, you will meet with an NCCC tutor via ZOOM video conferencing at your scheduled appointment time. For specific content availability hours, please go to: www.niagaracc.suny.edu/ACE/AcademicSupportAvailability
- STAR-NY Online Tutoring is available Sunday – Thursday from 7pm – midnight. For STAR-NY Online Tutoring, students will be placed in a virtual line (first come; first serve) to work with a professional tutor from one of our partner SUNY schools. For more information, please go to: https://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule
The support staff within ACE can help you with any questions or concerns you may have. Our support staff can be located within ACE at our front log-in desk, in the back corner with academic support services, or within the office areas. Please do not hesitate to ask questions – we encourage it!
Student tutors provide one-on-one or group tutoring sessions based on specific course offerings here at NCCC. Head to the ACE webpage to view course offerings and the days/times that student tutors are available!
ACE currently offers one-on-one academic workshops for:
- Creating an Academic Plan Specific to You!
- Scheduling Your Semester for Success: Time Management
- Student Guide to Academic Resources: Get to Know What Your Campus Has to Offer!
- Study Smarter, Not Harder: Metacognitive Learning Strategies
To schedule a one-on-one appointment for a workshop, call 716-614-6453 or email us at email@example.com with your request.
“Morning Thunder” is a podcast meant to keep our NCCC students informed; brought to you by the Academic Center for Excellence. If you have suggestions for future podcast topics, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Center for Excellence
Location: D-201 (within the Lewis Library)
Fall 2021 Hours
(8/27/21 – 12/17/21)
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 6pm
Friday: 8am – 4pm
Winter 2021 – 2022 Hours
(12/20/21 – 1/17/22)*
Monday – Friday: 8am – 4pm
*College will be closed from 12/24/21 – 1/3/22